The church of Suomenlinna is one of the oldest in Helsinki. Originally it was an Orthodox church with five onion domes. It was inaugurated in 1854. In 1928 the main dome was removed and four side dome positions were left under the roof. On top of the tower there is a still functioning lighthouse, the message of which is four consecutive flashes, the letter H for Helsinki in Morse code. There are only three other church lighthouses in Finland. This is also a very popular wedding church in Helsinki.